South Africa Pick3 resultsClick on the date to get help determining your winnings!
Click for older Pick 3 results
How to play Pick 3
This game is very simple. You need to select 3 numbers, every number can be chosen from set 0 to 9. For example, you choose 0 and 2 and 9. However, there are six different ways to bet & win!
- Numbers can repeat, eg. you can choose 8-8-6.
- Pick3 draws will be conducted every day at 8:00 pm.
- Pick 3 Results are published 8:45 pm on ETV, right after on our site.
- You can bet with stake R3, R5, R10, or R20.
- You can win every day maximum amount of R10,000.
- Pick 3 lottery starts in South Africa 04.12.2016
- Always double check your tickets either on this page or in tv or on the internet on www.nationallottery.co.za/results/pick-3/
Six ways to bet and win Pick 3
You can only choose one type of bet on a single bet slip. There are few boards on the bet slip to choose 3 out of 0-9 numbers with selected coupon wager. These are the ways to match numbers:
- Straight - match 3 winning numbers in exact order
- Example: if results are 2-4-1, your numbers must be 2-4-1 in this exact order.
- Max win: R 10,000
- 3-way mix - when one of 3 numbers chosen by you is repeated (eg. 112)
- THEN there are 3 winning combinations (drawn) for you: 112, 121, 211.
- Max win: R 3,340
- 6-way mix - match 3 winning numbers not necessarily in exact order (but none of the numbers is repeated eg. you bet 123)
- THEN there are 6 winning combinations (Pick 3 results) for you: 123, 132, 213, 231, 321, 312.
- Max win: R 1,680
- Front Pair - match 2 numbers in the front
- Example: if drawn numbers are 2-4-1, your first two numbers must be 2-4.
- Max win: R,1 000
- Back Pair - match 2 numbers in the back
- Example: if drawn numbers are 2-4-1, your last two numbers must be 4-1.
- Max win: R,1 000
- Split Pair - match 2 numbers - one in front and one in the end
- Example: if results are 2-4-1, your first number must be 2 and last must be 1.
- Max win: R 1,000
How much do you win in Pick3 game
Pick 3 lottery rules - official regulations excerpt
- All prizes are guaranteed, the winner does not share a pool with others, there are multiple winners possible with the same Pick3 winning numbers.
- You can place a bet for 7 consecutive draws on the single bet slip.
- You can use the Quick Pick option to generate numbers for you.
- The liability limit for the PICK 3 Game is R15,000,000. This means that if too many players bet on a certain combination that exceeds the liability limit, the system will not allow next players to bet on that combination.
SA Pick 3 odds
This table shows the probability of winning in every betting choice. For example - 1 in 100 odds means that on average you win one time in 100 bets.
|Straight||0.001||1 in 1000|
|3-Way mix||0.001||1 in 333|
|6-Way mix||0.006||1 in 167|
|Front pair||0.010||1 in 100|
|Split pair||0.010||1 in 100|
|Back pair||0.010||1 in 100|
History of new Pick 3 lottery game in South Africa
Lotto Pick3 started December 4th, 2016. At first, many players encountered problems trying to buy a Pick 3 ticket. Most of Ithuba retailers didn't have bet slips available or didn't know how to execute them. But Pick 3 players were eager to play and found somehow working retailers. First total sales (04.12.2016) were estimated at R200,000. Sales record for one day was the 3rd day from the start - with R571,752 sales. In the first four draws players have won about R700,000.