Eurojackpot is a lottery, draw-based game owned by Finnish company Veikkaus Oy.
How to play Eurojackpot?
- Choose 5 numbers from 1-50 possible.
- Additionally, choose 2 numbers from 1-10.
- There are 12 divisions of winnings!
- How much Eurojackpot ticket cost - It varies depending on the country, but it is about 2 to 3 $ (€2) and you can play online.
- Maximal jackpot amount starts at €10 mln and can reach up to €120 mln. If maximum amount is exceeded, lower divisions get higher winnings.
- What time is the draw - draws take place every Friday about 20-21 GMT/UTC time in Helsinki, Finland.
- Although it is the multijurisdictional lottery, main winnings are paid only in euro.
European biggest lottery - Eurojackpot
European lottery game which started in March in 2012. It is a multijurisdictional game and now players from 18 countries are eligible to take part in the draws: Poland, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia, Slovakia, Norway, Netherlands, Lithuania, Latvia, Italy, Iceland, Hungary, Germany, Finland, Estonia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Croatia. The goal is to get 5 and additional 2 numbers right what is not easy. To win the jackpot you must break the 1 to 139,838,159 odds. The first draw took place on Friday 23 March 2012. Source: Eurojackpot results webpage
|5 + 2||1 : 139,838,159|
|5 + 1||1 : 6,991,907|
|5 + 0||1 : 3,107,514|
|4 + 2||1 : 621,502|
|4 + 1||1 : 31,074|
|4 + 0||1 : 13,810|
|3 + 2||1 : 14,124|
|2 + 2||1 : 984|
|3 + 1||1 : 705|
|3 + 0||1 : 313|
|1 + 2||1 : 187|
|2 + 1||1 : 42|
Where was Eurojackpot won - biggest jackpots in the history
The highest ever jackpots in this game have been won in Germany and Denmark, with the top three jackpots reaching the maximum cap of €120 million.
- 23rd June 2023: €120,000,000 - Germany
- 8th November 2022: €120,000,000 - Germany
- 22nd July 2022: €120,000,000 - Denmark
How to Claim Eurojackpot Winnings
If you are lucky enough to win a Eurojackpot prize, the process of claiming your winnings will depend on the country where you purchased your ticket. Generally, smaller winnings can be claimed at any authorized retailer, while larger prizes must be claimed from the lottery operator directly. Online players will typically have their winnings paid directly into their lottery account. Remember to claim your winnings within the time limit set by the lottery operator, which can range from 90 days to a year, depending on the country.
Depending on the country, lottery winnings may be subject to local and national taxes. In some countries, lottery winnings are tax-free, while in others, they are taxed at varying rates. It's important to check the tax regulations in your country if you win a Eurojackpot prize.
Eurojackpot vs. Other Lotteries
Eurojackpot is often compared to other major European lotteries like EuroMillions and Lotto 6/49. While the format of these games is similar, there are key differences in terms of jackpot size, odds of winning, and ticket price. For instance, Eurojackpot has better odds of winning the jackpot compared to EuroMillions, but the latter often has a larger jackpot due to its wider player base.
Veikkaus Oy - owner of the Eurojackpot Lottery brand
Aku Korhosen tie 2
Telephone: +358 94 3701
Chief Executive Officer: Olli Sarekoski
Lottery type: Public entity
Year established: 1940