SA POWERBALL RESULTS AND INFOPlay
Estimated jackpot for next - 22.05.2018 is R36,000,000
HOW TO PLAY POWERBALL
Playing Powerball is quite easy, all you need is 5 numbers and additional number PB. Try to predict results numbers that will be drawn. How to buy your ticket?
- You need a Powerball Betslip, that can be found with the nearest retailer.
- Using pen or a pencil choose 5 numbers from 1 to 45.
- Choose extra number from 1 to 20. That is your Powerball (PB).
- Make payment for the ticket.
- You will get a receipt with your numbers, please sign it at the back. Youcan make a photo of it.
- Check Powerball winnings numbers on this site, and don't throw away a receipt! Always check numbers from different sources as newspaper or tv. Parallel Powerball Plus results to find here.
EXPECTED PAYOUTS AND POWERBALL ODDS
Prizes may vary. They depend on if jackpot was hit and number of winning players. It depends also on ticket sales amount. There are two payout divisions guaranted - when you hit results as 0/5 or 1/5 both with Powerball. If somebody hit the jackpot, the share of the prize pool is similar to shown below. In other cases it may change. Notice that this game has bigger pool designed for 1st prize.
|Matched numbers||Share of prize pool||Odds of winning|
|5 correct + PB||41.12%||1 in 24 435 180|
|5||7.35%||1 in 1 286 062|
|4/5 + PB||3.72%||1 in 122 176|
|4/5||7.06%||1 in 6 430|
|3/5 + PB||6.76%||1 in 3 133|
|3/5||5.74%||1 in 165|
|2/5 + PB||3.82%||1 in 247|
|1/5 + PB||fixed R 15||1 in 53|
|0/5 + PB||fixed R 10||1 in 38|
All Jackpot prizes are rounded to nearest R1. You can win once per every entry filled with correct results of Powerball. Other payouts are rounded to nearest 10 cents. Remember that exact expected jackpot rollover may be uknown up to the date of the draw. Also have in mind that winning Powerball is much harder than Lotto. Don't spend all your money on lottery tickets! Check in for South African Powerball results few minutes after the draw every tuesday and friday.
POWERBALL JACKPOTS AND ROLLOVERS
Similar to other lottery games there is mechanism called rollover. Jackpot prize grows as long as no one hits the 5/5 numbers and of course - Power Ball (PB). Pool for 1 prize division is rolled over to the next Draw's corresponding division. Powerball became famouse because of the great prizes rollovers. Rollovers are expected in more cases too, which are pointed below:
- If there are no winners in division 2-8 then the pool rolls down to the lower division, e.g. division 4 to division 5.
- If there are no winners in division 8 (but they always are) then the pool rolls over to division 1 of the next draw.
- Breakage from any PB division rollover to the same division next draw.
HISTORY OF THE POWERBALL LOTTERY
Powerball is with us from October 2009. South African players are really keen of this type of a game. Pools are larger, more divisions (9) and fun. Even if you hit only PB number you win something. Over the years it made many Africans millionaires. Prize pool may never reach amounts seen in European lotteries or American, but still they are enough for our country reality. On the first draw on 23.10.2009 somebody won R 30 000 000! Then jackpot got rolled many times to be hit on 12.02.2010 with outstanding prize of R 91 068 427 which is the record till now.