U.S. MEGA MILLIONS RESULTSJackpot - $ 245 Million - PLAY
(Jackpot: $ 226 Million)
(Jackpot: $ 208 Million)
(Jackpot: $ 190 Million)
Mega Million is a huge lottery game with the biggest jackpots in the world, organized in the USA by many jurisdictions.
How to play US Mega Millions?
- Ticket cost is $2 per one play.
- Choose 5 different numbers from 1 to 70.
- Also, pick 1 number from 1 to 25.
- There is a Quick Pick option to get numbers randomly from the terminal.
- There are 9 dividends of winnings, you win the jackpot if you have 6 numbers matched in the draw.
- Drawing time is 11 p.m. Eastern Time (3 a.m. UTC), two times a week - Tuesday and Friday.
- The overall chance of winning is 1:24, chance to win a jackpot is smallest in the World 1 to 302,575,350 thus generating huge amounts.
Mega Millions rules (and what Megaplier is?)
Mega Millions lottery is offered in 44 states of United States of America and also in District of Columbia and U.S. Virgin Islands, also available online. This lottery began its existence in 1996 under the name "The Big Game". Initially, it was offered only in six states. Drawing are held in Atlanta, Georgia. Draws are produced by WSB-TV studios. From time to time, when bigger jackpots are expected, drawings are moved to Times Square for better exposure.
In this game, you can play only for a jackpot prize for $3. This type of ticket gives you 2 draw chances to win a jackpot, but no other smaller prizes.
Almost 50% of ticket sales is returned to players as winnings. The most popular option is to play "Megaplier", a mechanism similar to Powerball's "Power Play". Nowadays Megaplier is not included in ticket price ($2), you can add it with an additional $1 (sum: $3). It multiplies non-jackpot prizes with a multiplier between 2 and 5.
Mega Millions Prizes and odds
All prizes except jackpot prize are fixed, except California, where awards are based on sales and number of winners. Payouts below are shown for base pay $2.
|5+1||Jackpot||1 : 302,575,350|
|5+0||$1,000,000||1 : 12,607,306|
|4+1||$10,000||1 : 931,001|
|4+0||$500||1 : 38,792|
|3+1||$200||1 : 14,547|
|3+0||$10||1 : 606|
|2+1||$10||1 : 693|
|1+1||$4||1 : 89|
|)+1||$2||1 : 37|
If you win the jackpot you have two options of payout. One is to take the annual payout. In this case, you get first immediate payment and then 29 more every year. Payments are growing each year by 5%. If you don't like this option you can get one-time lump payout. It is always smaller than annual.
History of biggest jackpots
Jackpot prize always starts at $40 million and smallest grow is $5 million per draw if there is a rollover. The biggest ever jackpot happened on March 30, 2012. An advertised amount was $640 million and cash value was $462 million. but big sales pushed the jackpot further to $656 million breaking the record.
- $656 million - 3 winners in Illinois, Maryland, Kansas
- $648 million December 17th, 2013 - 2 winners in California, Georgia
- $540 million July 8th, 2016 - 1 winner from Indiana
- $533 million March 30th, 2018 - 1 winner from New Jersey
States where you can play Mega Millions
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
In addition, a game is offered in the District of Columbia and U.S. Virgin Islands. More information: http://www.megamillions.com/