South Africa Powerball resultsR32,000,000 - Buy Tickets
Estimated jackpot for next - 18.01.2019 is R32,000,000
How to play Powerball Plus?
You are allowed to play this game if you participate in main Powerball draw. Entering this optional draw is easy, all you need is 5 numbers (1-50) and the additional number (PB). Try to predict numbers that will be drawn. Your numbers will get another chance in a second draw (PLUS) just after main is accomplished. Powerball Plus results are available a few minutes after the draw.
- You need a paper Powerball bet slip, use it to mark off PLUS option.
- Using a pen or a pencil choose 5 numbers from 1 to 50.
- Choose an extra number from 1 to 20. That is your Power Ball also for the Plus draw.
- Make payment for your ticket. Cost is R5. Cost of the Plus option is R2.50 per board.
- Remember to sign ticket at the back and take a photo for further causes.
- Check Powerball Plus winning numbers on this site, and never throw away a ticket! Always validate numbers with official sources like nationallottery.co.za/results/powerball-plus/. Main Powerball results in given link.
Powerball Plus prizes and odds
There are no fixed payouts for every division for every draw. They vary because of a different number of winning tickets every time. It depends also on ticket sales amount. There are two payout divisions guaranteed - when you match 0/5 or 1/5 both with Powerball. In the table below you can see what is the share of the reward pool of every tier when the jackpot is won.
|Matched numbers||Share of prize pool||Odds of winning|
|5 correct + PB||54.46%||1 in 42,375,200|
|5||4.00%||1 in 2,230,274|
|4/5 + PB||2.50%||1 in 188,334|
|4/5||4.24%||1 in 9,912|
|3/5 + PB||4.80%||1 in 4,280|
|3/5||4.00%||1 in 225|
|2/5 + PB||3.00%||1 in 299|
|1/5 + PB||fixed R 7.50||1 in 57|
|0/5 + PB||fixed R 5||1 in 35|
All Jackpot prizes are rounded to nearest R1. For lower divisions, prizes are rounded to 10 cents. As you see, this is a great second chance opportunity to win more. Always remember though, winning is very hard. So don't spend too much money on gambling with lottery tickets!
PB Plus jackpots and rollovers
SSimilar to the main lottery - there is rollover happening quite often. Jackpot prize grows as long as nobody hits the 5/5 numbers and PB. Pool for 1 prize division is rolled over to the next draw's corresponding tier.
- If there are no winners in division 2-8 (happens in 2nd from time to time) then the pool rolls down to the lower division, e.g. division 2 to division 3.
- If there are no winners in division 8 (not expected) then the pool rolls over to division 1 of the next draw.
- Breakage from any Powerball Plus division rollover to the same division next draw.
History of Powerball Plus in South Africa
It was launched on 1st December 2015. First guaranteed jackpot was huge - R10,000,000. It wasn't hit until 05.01.2016 by two African players, who shared R23,299,305. There were minor changes in the main game after the launch. Two more prize tiers were added and the ticket price was increased a little bit.