SA POWERBALL PLUS RESULTS AND INFOPlay
Estimated jackpot for next - 22.05.2018 is R22,500,000
HOW TO PLAY POWERBALL PLUS?
You are allowed to play this game if you participate in main Powerball draw. And entering the game is easy, all you need is 5 numbers (1-45) and additional number. Try to predict numbers that wil be drawn. Your numbers will get another chance in second draw (PLUS) jus after main is acomplished. Powerball Plus results are available few minutes after the draw.
- You need a paper Powerball Betslip, use it to mark off PLUS option
- Using pen or a pencil choose 5 numbers from 1 to 45.
- Choose extra number from 1 to 20. That is your Powerball also for PLUS draw (PB).
- Make payment for your ticket. Cost is R 5. Cost of the PLUS is R 2.50 per row.
- Remember to sign ticket at the back andtake photo.
- Check PB Plus winning numbers on this site, and never throw away a receipt! Always validate numbers with official sources like nationallottery.co.za/results/powerball-plus/. Main draw Powerball results in here.
EXPECTED PAYOUTS AND CHANCES
There are no exact payouts for every division for every draw. They vary because of different number of winning tickets every time. It depends also on ticket sales amount. There are two payout divisions guaranted - when you hit 0/5 or 1/5 both with Powerball. In the table below you can see what is the share of the pool of every division, when jackpot is ended.
|Matched numbers||Share of prize pool||Odds of winning|
|5 correct + PB||41.12%||1 in 24 435 180|
|5||7.35%||1 in 1 286 062|
|4/5 + PB||3.72%||1 in 122 176|
|4/5||7.06%||1 in 6 430|
|3/5 + PB||6.76%||1 in 3 133|
|3/5||5.74%||1 in 165|
|2/5 + PB||3.82%||1 in 247|
|1/5 + PB||fixed R 7.50||1 in 53|
|0/5 + PB||fixed R 5.0||1 in 38|
All Jackpot prizes are rounded to nearest R 1. For lower divisions prizes are rounded to 10 cents. As you see, this is a great second chance opportunity to win more. Always remember though, winning is very hard. So don't spend too much money on gambling!
POWERBALL PLUS JACKPOTS AND ROLLOVERS
Similar to main game there is rollover quite often. Jackpot prize grows as long as nobody hits the 5/5 numbers and PB. Pool for 1 prize division is rolled over to the next draw's corresponding division.
- If there are no winners in division 2-8 (happens in 2nd from time to time) then the pool rolls down to the lower division, e.g. division 2 to division 3.
- If there are no winners in division 8 (not expected) then the pool rolls over to division 1 of the next draw.
- Breakage from any Powerball Plus division rollover to the same division next draw.
HISTORY OF THE POWERBALL PLUS LOTTERY
It was launched on 1st December, 2015. First guaranted jackpot was huge - R 10 000 000. It wasn't hit until 5.01.2016 by two African players, who shared R 23 299 305. With launch there were minor changes in the main game. Two more prize divisions were added and ticket prize increased a little.